PROGRAMMEEDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
The PEOs for the Department are defined by considering the industry requirements, parents & students expectations and to motivate students towards research. The PEOs are defined for the programme for the attainment of Mission of the department.
PEO1 - Technical Skills
These are acquired during and after completion of their under graduation course and enable the students to solve problems of industrial and research areas.
PEO2 - Employability
The core competence of students will improve their chances of employability.
PEO3 - Leadership Quality
The engineering education develops good communication skills in addition to the student’s core competence and enables them to take initiative in their work situations.
PEO4 - Self Learning
The Engineering education imparts theoretical and experimental capabilities to the students and helps in solving problems at the work situations.
PEO5 - Problem Solving
The core competence and team working abilities developed during their engineering education will improve the problem solving abilities of students.
PEO6 - Professional Ethics
During their engineering studies students acquire virtues such as sincerity, honesty etc. They adhere to principles like “intellectual honesty” during their professional career in industry and research institutes.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (Pos)
- Apply Knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Design and Conduct Experiments: An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Design a System, Component / Process: An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
- Multidisciplinary Teams: An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Solves Engineering Problems: An ability to identify, formulate, & solve engineering problems.
- Professional and Ethical Responsibility: An understanding of Professional, ethical responsibility PO-g) Communicate: An ability to Communicate effectively.
- Broad Education: The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in global and societal context.
- Self and Lifelong Learning: A recognition of need for and an ability to engage in, life-long learning.
- Contemporary Issues: Knowledge of Contemporary issues.
- Modern Software Engineering Tools: An ability to use the techniques, skills, modern engineering tools for engineering practice.
- Green Environment: Ability to design and develop solutions, ability to conduct investigations, ability to use modern tools while working for a better society.
- Modern Technologies: Ability to take technology to villages and recognizing rural requirements also develops environmental awareness and project management skills.