Electrical and Electronics Engineering
PROGRAMMEEDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
PEO 1: Preparation
To prepare students for successful careers in Electrical and Electronics engineering meeting the requirements of Indian and global companies.
PEO 2: Technical Competence
To make students proficient in the design, development and production of electrical, electronic equipment, power system and control devices.
PEO 3: Knowledge Breadth
To enable students acquire mathematical, analytical and engineering skills required for pursuing higher studies and carrying out research in Electrical and Electronic disciplines.
PEO 4: Professional Development
Graduates will compete effectively in a world of rapid technological change and assume leadership roles within industrial, entrepreneurial, academic, or governmental environments in the broad context of electrical engineering.
PEO 5: Learning Environment
To impart develop professional, ethical values and communication skills for successful careers in the chosen domain.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (Pos)
The B Tech EEE programme has documented measurable outcomes that are based on the needs of the programme’s stakeholders. The programme outcomes which are derived from the graduate attributes prescribed by NBA were first drafted in the year 2004. They are reviewed from the year 2007 when the first batch of students has graduated, and revised every two to three years when a need occurred. The programme outcomes that the department presently adapts to are as follows:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering in electrical domain. Graduates can readily apply math, science, and engineering knowledge to solve the problems arise in day to day life pertaining to Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data to solve complex electrical engineering problem. Graduates will be able to set up and conduct engineering experiments by understanding the complexity of the problem by using appropriate tools.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political and ethical. Graduates will possess strong fundamental concepts of electrical machines, circuits, power systems and power electronics and other core and breadth subjects to design a system which can meet the needs of present industry which will be economic and nature friendly and serves the human race.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams. Graduates will be able to demonstrate the team work with an ability to design, analyze and interpret the complex engineering problems which can be solved with in depth knowledge of not only the core subjects but also the breadth subjects for successful completion of the project.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems Graduates will be able to demonstrate with excellent analytical, logical and complex engineering problem solving skills.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility. Graduates will possess leadership and managerial skills with the best professional ethical practices and social concern.
- An ability to communicate effectively.